Casino Payment Methods
If you join a gambling site as a player from New Zealand, there are many online casino payment options to choose from. On every online casino site, you will be offered a selection of the most popular payment methods for NZ casino players. They differ in various factors: the source of payment, type of processing, speed, limits, availability in particular countries.
In this overview, we will present the best online casino deposit methods used by other Kiwis. We have presented special paragraphs on e-Wallets, online banking, prepaid card payment methods, cryptocurrency, credit, and debit cards. In the following sections, you can find:
- the benefits of using a particular payment method in 2023;
- top options for high rollers and low stake players;
- some details about the withdrawal process and KYC.
Online Casinos by Deposit Options in December 2023
American Express is a credit card which can be found in the offer of casino payment methods of NZ online casinos, but it’s harder to come across than Visa or Mastercard. You can use it for deposits and withdrawals, and you can find a list of NZ Amex casinos on our website.
Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency for extra-secure, anonymous, private, untraceable payments in New Zealand casinos. You need to register at a Bitcoin wallet provider and exchange your NZD for Bitcoin there. After that, you can use this currency to top up your casino account anonymously.
ecoPayz is a casino deposit method which can often be found along with other web wallet options. You can register for an ecoPayz account quickly and easily and choose to top up with any method which suits you the best – no credit card details needed. Same day deposit and withdrawal guaranteed.
Mastercard is a deposit and withdrawal casino payment option in New Zealand gambling sites. It can be issued mostly by a bank or online providers. If you don’t have a Mastercard yet, you can get it from your financial provider or Mastercard directly online. Via this card, you can make really big deposits.
Neteller is another popular e-Wallet casino deposit method, which you can use either through Net+ prepaid cards or top up your account using cards or bank account. With Neteller, it’s possible both to make a casino deposit, as well as withdrawal and then transfer it directly to your card.
PayPal is the number 1 online payment platform in the world, which quickly made its way into NZ online casinos as well. It’s safe, reliable, quick and simple, and perfect for casino deposits and withdrawals. An ideal choice for gamblers who want to get instant withdrawals.
Paysafecard is easy to find in the NZ gambling world: many gaming operators offer it as one of their top payment methods. In order to use Paysafecard, you need to purchase a voucher from any offline store or online retailer, which you will later use to confirm your casino deposit.
Poli is Australia’s leading mobile banking provider popular among Aussies and Kiwis. You can use it to make deposits in Kiwi online casinos using your account funds from a local bank in a straightforward and convenient process. Unfortunately, it's not available for payouts.
Skrill, “Gambling’s Sweetheart”, is the most popular payment method among gamblers in NZ. It’s offered in almost all New Zealand gaming platforms, while the deposit and withdrawal process is instant and secure. You can open a gambling Skrill account and start playing right away.
Visa is the most widely accepted card in online casinos accepting Kiwis. It can be used both for deposits and withdrawals, while Visa casino payment processing is very fast and secure. You can obtain a Visa card from your local New Zealand bank if you don’t already have one.
The Most Popular Banking Methods for Online Casinos
In order to start playing in a casino for real money online, first you have to deposit real money funds. You can do this by using any of the offered payment methods in the casino’s Cashier section.
These are the most commonly accepted payment methods in NZ iGaming sites:
|Payment Methods||Type||Withdrawal Opportunity|
|Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Amex||Credit / Debit Card||✔️|
|Skrill, Neteller, PayPall, EcoPayz||Digital Wallet||✔️|
|Paysafecard, Neosurf||Prepaid Card||❌|
|Apple Pay, Google Pay||Mobile Payments||❌|
|Bank Transfer||Bank Card||✔️|
|Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, USDC||Crypto||✔️|
When choosing a payment platform, it’s always wise to go with the most widely-used methods like PayPal or other electronic wallets. If you want to know more, we’ve prepared a detailed overview of the most popular and reliable online casino deposit methods which you can use on NZ casino sites.
e-Wallet casinos have gained great popularity in recent years. Due to the reliability, security, and speed of this payment process, many players opt for this deposit method. In these fast withdrawal casinos, you have a selection of 2 or more eWallet options to choose from.
You can find PayPal casino sites where it’s possible to make a PayPal deposit, which also means that the site is reliable and secure. If you like Skrill better, it’s very easy to find a Skrill casino site, because it’s one of the safest payment methods in gambling. There are also many Neteller casino sites and ecoPayz casino sites available.
- The most popular payment option in casino sites. Regardless of which e-Wallet method is your favourite, in any NZ online casino, you will always find various web casino deposit options available. The reason why eWallet casino deposits are so popular is that the payment is carried out with no fees (in almost all Internet casinos), you get your funds credited to your account instantly, and you can redeem some of the bonuses offered by the casino operator.
- Instant payouts. Different payment methods come with different withdrawal times and limits, and for many players, it’s important to receive their winnings as soon as possible. With e-Wallet casino withdrawals, you’ll get your money on your PayPal, Skrill, Neteller or another account instantly. There is only a processing period of 0-24 hours in most NZ casinos. If you want to know how long it will take to get an eWallet casino withdrawal, you can find that info in the casino’s FAQ or on our website.
- Small fees. For PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller payments, in most NZ casino websites there is usually no fees connected to deposits or withdrawals. This is not the case with some of the other payment methods available, so if you’d like to play with the same amount of money you deposited, choose an electronic Wallet option.
Online Banking Payments
If you’d like to make a casino deposit directly for your bank account, there are also many options to choose from. When you opt for online casino banking, you’ll get redirected to an online banking platform which cooperates with the casino. For example, in a Poli casino, you’ll be able to pay with Poli, the most reliable online banking system in Australia. With the online banking option, you can play in NZD casinos and AUD casinos, so your currency won’t be converted to USD or some other foreign currency.
- Quick way to deposit bank account funds. Compared to traditional bank transfer methods, online banking is a way to get your funds from your bank account to your casino account quickly and securely. Through most providers and platforms, you’ll be able to receive your casino funds instantly, while withdrawals might take a while longer.
- Wide range of local and worldwide payment providers. You can use Australian, New Zealand or any other payment providers available in the casino to make your online banking casino payment. The biggest banks in NZ like ANZ, Westpac, BNZ or HSBC have an online banking platform which you can use to make casino deposits.
- High deposit limits. Fast bank transfers come with the highest deposit limits of all other payment methods. If you’re a high-roller, this option is definitely the right for you. The withdrawal limits are also high. However, if you’re looking to make a withdrawal first chance possible, casino banking also has some of the highest minimum withdrawal thresholds.
Prepaid Card Payments
Prepaid card casinos are a great choice for anonymous, secure and simple payments. For example, in a Paysafecard casino, you can use paysafe vouchers to deposit casino funds and you don’t have to give out your credit card details or any other info. This is a great way to find safe online casino sites: if you find a prepaid card option among their payment portfolio, you’ll know that the iGaming platform is protected and secure.
- Great for managing gambling budget. If your gambling sometimes gets out of control, using prepaid cards for casino deposits might just do the trick. When you use Paysafe or other vouchers, you’re only handling a limited amount of funds. For example, you can purchase a 20 NZD voucher and set it as your gambling limit. After you run out of funds on the voucher, that’s it. It’s much safer for impulsive players than having access to unlimited funds for casino deposits.
- No payout opportunities. Almost all of the benefits of Paysafe and other prepaid cards get cancelled out by the fact that it’s a deposit-only method. You can only use it top up your account, but not to withdraw your winnings. When you decide to cash out, you’ll have to opt for another available payment platform.
- Instant & secure payments. The payment you make using a prepaid card will be credited to your casino account instantly, opening up a whole galaxy of exciting casino games to bet on. The payment process is encrypted and secure, and it’s one of the safest payment methods out there. When you make a prepaid card casino deposit, you don’t need to enter any of your financial data (credit card or bank account number).
If you follow the latest news and popular media outlets, you’ve surely heard about the recent cryptocurrency sensation and how it’s shifting the shape of finance. The same goes for the casino world: cryptocurrency deposits have made it possible for crypto casinos to offer the most secure, untraceable and anonymous payment method ever developed. In a Bitcoin casino, you can play using your Bitcoin funds, which you can later exchange for NZD.
- 100% anonymity & privacy. The best thing about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies is definitely the absolute anonymity they offer. In our new world filled with concerns about data privacy and security, crypto solves this great problem by giving users access to a completely private payment method. This is one of the reasons crypto is extremely popular among gamblers.
- Lack of online casinos accepting cryptocurrencies. In online casinos NZ, you can find all kinds of possible payment methods. However, cryptocurrencies are usually not part of the mix. This is due to various reasons, partly because casinos are protecting themselves from fraud using untraceable funds. It is changing, because many casinos introduced higher security measures and a greater number is now offering the cryptocurrency deposit option, but these casinos still may be harder to find.
- No chargeback and refunds. A chargeback is intended to protect customers, and most payment methods include fraud-protection and refund policies for when their customer makes a payment on a non-legit site or otherwise non-approved payment. This is not the case with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies: once you make a deposit, it’s not possible to request a refund if something turns out to be wrong. So, if you’re not sure whether a casino site is legit and you want to deposit Bitcoin, it’s better to choose another method that offers chargebacks.
The use of mobile payment methods is constantly on the rise. It’s also gaining in popularity in pay by phone bill casino NZ since there is an increase of players gambling on mobile. There are different payment providers you can choose when paying by phone, like in a Payforit casino. You can also find the phone credit option in a Boku casino, which is the second most popular mobile phone bill payment method.
- No credit card details needed. Security has become one of the biggest issues in recent years, and many players are now reluctant to share their credit card info. With mobile phone bill payments, NZ online casinos will allow you to top up your casino funds using just your mobile phone number. All you have to do is provide verification of the payment and no other financial info will be required.
- No withdrawal opportunities. Mobile phone bill payments are a one-way payment system and can only be used for deposits. When you’re ready to request a withdrawal from your NZ gambling site, you’ll have to go with another method like bank transfer, credit card, e-Wallets. When you make a withdrawal to these platforms, you’ll have to enter your info, so the benefit of not having to enter any details get cancelled out.
- Small deposit amounts. With every phone operator and casino operator, there are regulatory agencies and limits on certain payments by users. For mobile phone bill payments in New Zealand, there is a limit as to how much you can deposit in a one-time payment (10 NZD). If you’re a high roller, this method is definitely not for you, but if you’re looking to make a small deposit, it might just be perfect.
Debit & Credit Card Payments
Visa, Mastercard, and Amex casino are just some of the top payment methods you can find on gaming platforms. You can always find debit and credit cards listed as trusted funding options in online gambling websites for Kiwis. They are wildly popular in the gambling world, and debit card casinos are some of the most successful gambling platforms in the industry.
- Almost all online casinos accept credit card deposits. If you’re frustrated with the fact that your payment provider is never offered in online casinos, it’s completely the opposite with credit cards. Almost any NZ online casino site you can find will have credit and debit cards listed as a possible deposit method. If you’re looking to make a credit card deposit, you can be sure that you’ll be able to deposit anywhere and be ready to play.
- Funds protection. Credit and debit cards offer customer protection for their services, which means you can ask for a chargeback or refund if something goes wrong. If that’s the case, you’ll also receive these funds relatively simply and quickly compared to some other payment systems. If you think the casino site you’re playing at is not legit, made a credit card deposit, and have proof, you can ask for a refund from your credit card provider.
- Fees can be applied. There can be additional fees for credit card and debit card payments, either on deposits, withdrawals, or both. These differ from one casino to the next, so if you’re thinking about using credit cards for deposit, make sure you read the payment terms of the particular casino.
Bank Transfer Payments
Bank transfers are not among the favourite Internet gaming deposit methods for low stakes players, but some gamblers use them exclusively. They are also widely available in almost all Kiwi casinos, so it’s very easy to find a site to play in with a bank transfer deposit. Many players are also searching for a fast casino bank transfer option, which is a new method of improved wire transfer service.
- Safety & reliablity. Of all the payment methods available in NZ casinos, a wire bank transfer is one of the most secure and protected. The encryption and secure payment process are provided by your bank, so deposits and withdrawals are protected on the same high level as, for example, large bank transactions. Banks use cutting-edge technology and security methods, so your payment is completely secure.
- High deposit limits. With bank transfer payments, you can enjoy higher deposit limits of all the other available payment methods. The withdrawal limits are higher as well. If you’re passionate gambler and high limits are one of your top priorities when gaming, bank transfer deposit is definitely the right choice for you.
- Payments take usually more time. Given that most deposit methods provide instant casino funding, the processing time for bank transfer is a huge minus for this deposit method. It might take some time to get the money taken from your account and funded into your casino account. Also, withdrawals take the longest when you use bank transfer as casino cash out method.
How to make a deposit at an online casino?
In a New Zealand online casino, when you enter the Cashier section, you will find all the available deposit methods. These can include credit and debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfer, mobile payment options, etc. Just choose the one which fits you the best, click on it, and continue with the deposit process.
What is the best casino payment method?
Every casino payment method has its benefits and drawbacks. Determining which one is the best for you depends on the amount you want to deposit, your priorities and style of play. If you prefer, for example, instant payments instead of high limits, choose web Wallets instead of a bank transfer payment.
What is the best payment method to withdraw my funds?
When withdrawing casino funds, eWallets usually have the shortest processing and waiting time, so you can expect to see your payment quickly. They also have a relatively high withdrawal limit. On the other hand, if you need a higher limit, you can use bank transfer withdrawals, which can take a while.
Are there any fees and limits for deposits and withdrawals?
Depending on the payment option, there can be some fees related to casino deposits and withdrawals. They are usually associated with credit card payments and bank transfer. Some casinos also have a withdrawal fee for all transactions.