- The first and most common piece of information that we collect is your email address. This is collected when you create an account with us. We can collect your name, surname, and interests if you are part of membership pages.
- The second piece of personal data we gather is the technical data. This information encompasses your internet protocol address, browser plug-in type, and version, screen resolution, keyboard language, time zone and location, operating system or platform, devices you use, their identifiers (for example, UDID, IMEI or MAC address), etc.
- Data usage includes details on how you exploit the website and services we offer. This means pages visited, user clicks, time spent on certain pages, etc.
How do We Use this Data?We must abide by the legislature in force and use personal data only when we are allowed to. In most cases, we use your personal information in the instances outlined below:
- When the use of personal data is essential to support our legitimate interests as a business. Or to protect the interests of third parties. We must also take care that your interests and fundamental rights are not in conflict with our interests. In this respect, we will act in a way that's proportionate and respects your privacy rights. Our legitimate interests include attempts to improve our products. We aim to deliver a fair resolution of complaints and carry out crucial data analysis.
- In cases when you give us personal consent to process your specific data legally. Every time we consider sending you direct marketing communications of third parties via email, we will seek your approval for the action. Even if you have agreed to receive advertisements, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. But, you must contact us first and ask for cancellation. Sometimes, you have to click the unsubscribe button provided to you via direct communications.
- To register you as a user and make our Services available to you. Afterwards, you can post, comment, and share User Content. You can also read the shared contents of other clients, post in forums, and give feedback on our Services;
- To have constant communication with our users and respond to their inquiries related to information given on the site. This goes via Livechat or our Help Desk that supports you in real-time. We will also notify you of our latest products, promotions, and services. Email newsletters are also part of this segment;
- To make sure you have the option to take part in competitions and lotteries. Also, when we carry out surveys and research. Last, we check whether you're eligible for certain bonuses and offers;
- For analytical and statistical purposes when we plan to enhance and deliver relevant website content to our users. We also aim to protect our business and run the website smoothly. We conduct this by compiling aggregated reports when you use certain features of our Services. Plus, we try to understand how effective the content we present you with it.
- To carry out an anonymous analysis of our systems and databases to improve the way we run our business. We also aim to customize our Services to match user preferences, provide a better service, and user experience;
- To run tests on service alterations and enhance the functionality of our Services. Plus, our targets include hosting data and system maintenance.
How Do We Collect the Data?We make use of various methods to collect your data. If you decide to give us your contact data when writing to us or filling in forms, your data will be stored in our databases. Some of the most widely used strategies include the following direct interactions:
- When users navigate the website. We receive info about sites you visit, used URLs, and referrals. Cookies also send us various data about users. Web analytics tools may give us info such as OS, IP address, access time, browser type, and location. Service providers send us info when you use our platform on a mobile device, too;
- When users subscribe to our services and publications and give consent to the newsletters we provide;
- When users enter surveys, promotions, and accept bonus offers;
- When users contact the support service or give feedback.
- We may share data with service providers and data controllers that process your details for us. This can refer to authentication providers and cloud services. We cooperate with various entities in an attempt to serve users with relevant information and promotions from such entities;
- We may share your data to compile statistics on the use of the website, traffic, clicks, and other general statistics without disclosing your identity. This is performed for general purposes only and users are presented as anonymous;
- We might disclose your personal information to entities or subsidiaries for business-related purposes. We do this to develop and enhance our services and to provide relevant and targeted marketing. The nature of the e-sector forces us to work with partners to do analytics and statistical research, too;
- In case we sell, buy, merge, or reorganize our business or the website, it is likely that we will transmit all registered data to relevant third parties. We might also disclose information to prospective buyers or sellers. Anyways, we will always let you know of this before we transmit any of your personal information;
- If we are obliged or under a duty to disclose information to comply with legal obligations or to protect our interests and security. This may include public authorities and law enforcement bodies that we have permission to share data with;
- We cannot offer you a warranty on how third parties exploit user information. We have no control over sites that are linked to our website or that link to us. Yet, we require third parties to safeguard your private data and treat it in a legal way. They are not allowed to use your identification data but only process it for specific purposes.
How do We Protect the Collected Information?It is our utmost duty to safeguard your private information by implementing all reasonable measures. We also maintain the security of our Services and your data at any given time. Among other things, we use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) in the process. This way, we prevent unauthorized exploitation of your personal information. Ensuring data safety is run through standard procedures and policies. In case we suspect a breach of personal information, we have implemented procedures to deal with such issues. We will inform you and any applicable regulator thereof, as well. Plus, you can contact us if you believe there has been an attempt to abuse or breach your private information.
How Long Do We Save Your Information?Once you share your data with us, we store it in our databases for as much as we need it. Sometimes we keep personal data to comply with legal or tax requirements. We might erase personal details when we no longer require it. When you delete or abandon your account, we still keep your profile data, but we don't display it in public. If you posted public comments or notes those remain publicly available. This is because intellectual rights over them pertain to us. Any other data will be withdrawn from the public eye, and no link can guide other browsers to you. If you wish your data to be completely erased from our system, you must make a specific request. Follow the procedure as described, and we will delete all your personal data.
Your Rights Regarding Personal InformationWe always make you aware that the rights that pertain to you are universal. As a data subject, you have complete ownership over data we store on you. Note the following aspects if you want to exercise your fundamental and legal rights:
- You have the right to withdraw or cancel your consent at any time. You don't have to specify any reasons for your activity, and we won't charge you anything. After that, we won't share any news, promotions, and updates with you.
- At any time, you can object to the processing of your data. Once you make this request, we will stop processing your information. We are also entitled to prove that our legitimate grounds outweigh your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Users are granted access to info about their data and to the data itself. They can request to confirm whether their data is processed or not and the manner of processing. Inquiries can include whether their data is transferred or disclosed and to whom, how it is protected, and what do we use it for.
- Users can seek rectification of personal data if they notice incorrect details. We might seek validation to make sure the newly presented data is accurate before we rectify it. In other cases, you can also add data to incomplete information. You can request a copy of your data at any particular moment.
- You can require restrictions on data processing in certain circumstances. Some of these involve restricting when data is inaccurate, incomplete, or illegal. You may also seek restriction if your identification details are no longer needed for the purposes they were collected but for other secondary rights.
- Users have the right to receive their data in a structured, readable format (digital form). Then, without any objection on our side, you'll be able to pass it on to other responsible entities. If such transmission is technically feasible, we will not hinder your intentions. You can also ask us to port the data on your behalf to another data controller.
- You are entitled to complain in front of the relevant supervisory body at any time. The relevant protection authority will establish whether there has been a breach of personal data processing. If you believe a violation has taken place, consider contacting us first to resolve any possible issues.